Kenosha Pet Spaying
Need help with spaying in Kenosha? Let’s look at what spaying is, and why you may consider it for your pet!
Spaying is the term most often used to describe the surgical procedure performed on female cats and dogs in which the ovaries and uterus are removed as a means of permanent contraception. This procedure is also known as an ovariohysterectomy, or ovariectomy.
What Are the Advantages of Pet Spaying?
- Prevention of estrus, or heat
- When in heat, female pets often have an urge to run away in search of a mate. This behavior often ends after the procedure.
- The hormone fluctuations that take place after the heat cycle also end post-procedure.
- Helps to prevent a common uterine infection known as pyometra
- Prevention of breast cancer
- Eliminates the risk of uterine and ovarian cancer.
- Spayed pets generally live longer than those that are unspayed.
- Reduces the likelihood of separation anxiety experienced by many pets.